Clean Technology & Renewable Energy
Projected Job Growth 2017-2026
2016 Degrees Awarded Related to Clean Tech Occupations
% of Clean Tech Jobs Compared to Total Jobs in Gilbert
Since its implementation in 2010, this new program is responsible for the investment of 14 new renewable industries companies, creating 6,300 net new jobs and generated $1.82 billion in capital investment in Arizona making the state #1 in the nation for renewable energy as noted by Business Facilities magazine.
MAJOR ECONOMIC DRIVERS
With the Arizona Corporation Commission requiring that all regulated utilities produce 15% of their electricity from renewable sources by the year 2025, Gilbert, Arizona, is in an advantageous position to see substantial job creation in its high-growth, high-demand sustainability
Gilbert-based Colnatec designs and develops manufacturing process control sensors for thin film measurement of
Colnatec holds eight (8) patents and
Headquartered in Gilbert since 2005, Diversified Energy Corporation is a privately held, alternative and renewable energy company focused on maturing innovative technologies, developing commercial energy projects and providing engineering services support to project developers. Principal areas of expertise include gasification, biofuels, next-generation feedstocks, and bioenergy-related economic modeling and commercialization planning.
Arizona is home to the nation’s only photovoltaic testing laboratory at Arizona State University Polytechnic. The most comprehensive, sophisticated, state-of-the-art facility in the world for testing and certification of solar energy companies’ equipment advancing solar energy research, education, and technology. The Arizona State University Polytechnic campus also offers access to one of the nation’s top forward-thinking programs at the College of Technology and Innovation. The college houses research and development facilities in many sectors, including clean and renewable energy, featuring:
GREATER PHOENIX SOLAR ADVANTAGES
- Home to the world’s two largest solar companies: First Solar and Suntec.
- More than 100 established solar companies operate in Arizona providing a range of services including manufacturing, design, installation and distribution.
- Top two market for concentrated semiconductor workforce relative to total employment.
- Solana, a 280-megawatt concentrating solar power plant is the largest such project on private land in the U.S.
- Arizona is home to the largest photovoltaic array on U.S. government land with a 15-megawatt plant under construction on an existing air force base.
- Arizona ranks 3rd in the nation for solar installations.